<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9134961212498838103\x26blogName\x3dThe+Door+was+The+Way\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-778307593440081808', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, November 29, 2008

*lack of title*

Well, it's been about, 5 minutes since my last post *ahem*.

Since then, I've watched someone else start a new video game on the wii (ObscureII), and tried a new green tea flavoured milk tea drink - the story line to the game sounds really cool, and the tea is excellent, as long as you don't look at it while you're drinking it.

On a more serious note though, I want to make note of how screwed up things are today. Obviously, I'm growing up at the moment, and I'm beginning to consciously realise how messed up things are. What with everything from the crashing stock market, the falling AUD, to running out of vital resources, to the bloody global warming, it seems like 'Generation Y' are facing a grim future. I have plans and goals and a career I aspire to, and I'm sure that there are many others out there like me. I don't want to have to spend every waking moment of my life worrying about how I am going to find enough money just to survive and how I and my actions are driving the Earth into complete oblivion. Because of a small minority of my "peers" who create a negative image for people of my age, everyone spends too much time telling us how irresponsible we are, and how we're going to screw everything up when it's our turn to have the world in our hands. What no one seems to realise though, the adults of this generation have already done that, and have forced us to grow up into their mess.

Of course, this is a generalisation of the politics and ways of the 20th C. I love all the adults that I know personally, and I realise that, individully, none of them could've dramatically affected the consequences of their era. And of course, I would've very much enjoy having the time of my life and creating the mess myself, so I'm not one who can speak much.

Yeah, whatever. I'll just see how it plays out.

Erm... *change of tone!*

I just want to give a few shoutouts to a couple of guys I really like:
- Liam, Hexachordal (forgot your name - sorry!), Charlie + Alex + the rest of the boys from "fiveawesomeguys" :D. I love you all, you are the best.
- Harry!! Coolest friend out there. *friendliness*. I also like your friend, Elise, but she's a girl, so I can't really include her, now, can I?
- BROCK :DD. I know your last name now, so I googled you. and now I have your msn *stalkerness* :DDDD. Thanks for being a really nice guy and chatting with me for the past two days. *love*. Again, I also really like your sister, but she too, is a girl.
- Campbell, 'cause you've been a really cool guy. Thanks for everything over the past few years - I have learnt so much from you/because of you. Yay for you.

comment HERE.





i am

vivien, and i ask you to convince me of otherwise.

i'd like to be

a musician
a scientist
a thinker
a photographer
a time traveler
under the sea,
in an octopus' garden
in the shade.

archives