<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9134961212498838103\x26blogName\x3dThe+Door+was+The+Way\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-778307593440081808', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, April 10, 2009

Nazi. + can't be bothered tagging.

Ugh, I have developed this awful habit of placing valuable (to me anyway) things like my ipod touch or my phone in my lap and just standing up with complete disregard. 

The results are... annoying to say the least.

Anyway, lately I've been having this craazy idea nagging at me constantly. So basically, imagine a civilisation in which, rather than earning punishment, people are confined until they earn freedom. Of course, the freedom isn't difficult to gain, nor is the "confinement" a constant oppression or anything - the people "inside" simply wouldn't benefit from any luxuries (like wallpaper, or walls in general lol), but any simple, worthy service to the community, for example, teaching or even hairdressing, would get you "out". 

To me, it would make the world a more intelligent, interesting and richer place to live. The motive for freedom is a big incentive to be useful at the very least. I guess it has that underlying "creating a pure race" shit but honestly, it makes much more sense to me than killing everyone else, and freedom isn't limited to just one race anyway (remember, things like creating entertainment [making video games, creating music] are considered services as well), so in essence, I win, and Hitler loses. 

Yeh, I realise that I haven't factored in like financial considerations and crap like that but wtv. I'M COOL AND NOT SELF INDULGENT AT ALL. 

comment HERE.





i am

vivien, and i ask you to convince me of otherwise.

i'd like to be

a musician
a scientist
a thinker
a photographer
a time traveler
under the sea,
in an octopus' garden
in the shade.

archives