<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9134961212498838103\x26blogName\x3dThe+Door+was+The+Way\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-778307593440081808', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Plans

I don't know if it just applies to me, but my plans never, ever seem to work out right.

Whether if it's only planning my activities for the afternoon, planning the way in which I will bring down the multitude of assignments I have at hand, if I'm planning the people I want to spend an overseas trip with, or if I'm planning the rest of my life. They never, ever work out.

It's infuriatingly frustrating, and to be frank, it actually  depresses me a fair bit. I understand that most things are very subjective to life, but constantly, I am bombarded with being told to PLAN. Teachers, parents, even myself, telling me to plan everything. To plan my time, plan my  homework, plan my social life. And if anything ever goes wrong, the reason for it will always be because I didn't plan effectively enough, or simply because I didn't plan at all - they have a point. They're all correct, but you know what? Plans never work. Plans never work out the way you "plan" for.

If you have a plan, then by default you also have something that will most definitely derail it. In my opinion, plans are just ideas which never come into fruition that we use to pretend a way of order in our lives. 

comment HERE.





i am

vivien, and i ask you to convince me of otherwise.

i'd like to be

a musician
a scientist
a thinker
a photographer
a time traveler
under the sea,
in an octopus' garden
in the shade.

archives