<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9134961212498838103\x26blogName\x3dThe+Door+was+The+Way\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://vivsmiles.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-778307593440081808', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, September 21, 2009

laughter

Yesterday, I noticed just how much that I laugh, but more importantly, just how much I don't understand laughter.

What appeases my particular sense of humour? What makes something funny? What provokes laughter?

I guess the best way I can express what I'm trying to say is, for example, some people find it absolutely hilarious when other people hurt themselves. Their train of thought might resemble something along the lines of: he just fell, he hurt himself while I didn't, dignity was lost, and that is funny.

But what I don't understand are the cognitive processes between, "dignity was lost" and, "that is funny". I mean, personally, I don't find it funny at all, but how (as opposed to 'why') is the loss of dignity, or any other thing that may fancy your humour, funny?


Brb, Europe.

comment HERE.





i am

vivien, and i ask you to convince me of otherwise.

i'd like to be

a musician
a scientist
a thinker
a photographer
a time traveler
under the sea,
in an octopus' garden
in the shade.

archives